Originally published in The Forward, March 27, 2009 issue.

Posted on March 28, 2009 | Comments (12)

12 Comments »

1. The dragon looks as if he could be a member of one of the 10 lost tribes.

Comment by Cal Robertson — March 31, 2009 @ 1:09 am

2. Pam Johnson
    starlight123777@yahoo.com

These people are so stupid that they must have Gentile genes. I would suggest DNA testing before introducing future characters.

Comment by Cal Robertson — March 31, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

3. I love Eli’s Mad style of cartoon op-ed. I’m…uh…Gentile…but I have the genes to use Google if I don’t understand the issues,or just laugh and enjoy the show.

Comment by Genex — April 8, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

4. Very creative. But is it scalable? What are the metrics? And . . . where’s your business plan? You”ll need it in these lean times. Or maybe you can collaborate with some folks who write for the Sunday Funnies and offer added value that way, plus reach out to some of the zombies you wrote about in your report on the conference.

I want to share this with some potential funders, OK?*

* Not really. Sorry. I want to show it to some of my not-particularly-important friends. Can I send a PDF of it, or is that against your copyright? (Sorry to be so ethical, but you know that everything you post online will come back to haunt you, right)

Comment by Bridget Wynne — April 30, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

5. Hey Eli- fellow jewish cartoonist based in NYC. I’d love to get in touch with you. I’m a giant fan and pursue work on similar topics. Here’s one of my cartoons:
    Its a lot cruder than your stuff but I’m working on it.

Like I said, I’d love to talk to you sometime about comics, zionism, etc.

Comment by EH — May 8, 2009 @ 10:56 am

6. Scary thing. I am a gentile and I get every single insinuation there is in these things. Laughed my head off at just how evil your sense of humor is. But the Abe Foxworthy has to be the funniest thing on the planet ~ for today.

Comment by Noor — June 8, 2009 @ 5:24 am

7. What is left out of course is that Social Entrepreneurs are the slightly more bright and industrious equivalent of GW Bush — beneficiaries of a nepotist elite order that rewards or at least protects the talentless yet wealthy and connected. There’s plenty of other kinds of people lacking skills and talents, but only LA Times columnist and National Review blogger Jonah Goldberg is the son of two leading publishing industry lights and a graduate of Columbia (I have come to the conclusion that a CSJ degree has to be strongly counted against anybody dumb enough to admit to having one). Goldberg also honestly thinks that Adolf Hitler and FDR had the same ideology, and when one of those increasingly rare Jews who has a brain in his head like Jon Stewart tries to explain how simply dumb that is Jonah (who subtitled his book with a wonderful reassurance of how totally serious it is) insists he is for real.
    As much as I’d like Carmella Bing or a variety of other Jewesses to sit on my face, I am also looking forward to your downfall and replacement by (spinning wheel) Koreans. You had a good run, now the Koreans will take it. They won’t be too different, actually; they are as ancient as a people, are given to strict adherence to patriarchal order and written law (they are the most Confucianist country on Earth), rich culinary stuff, nice Celadon pottery, oh and they have names like Lee, Park[er], and Gold (“kim”).

Comment by Name Required — August 21, 2009 @ 4:28 pm

8. I’m sorta tempted to FB-Friend you, just so that one day (maybe in 150 years time, but that’s OK, I’m relatively patient with these kinda things) when you DO actually put as one of your updates ‘Eli Valley Is…eating a sandwich’, I can come in with something REALLY CUTTING (probably written in SCREAMING CAPITAL LETTERS) and multiple exclamation marks!!!!

Comment by Prozacville — March 31, 2010 @ 8:19 pm

9. The institutional cult of Jewish identity is a worthy target for any Jewish satirist but Eli Lake pulls every punch. He only skewers the cult of parochialism from the perspective of the universal. What a bore. Where is the satire of conventional, narcissistic universalism? Karl Krauss never held the knife more steady then when he was slicing into his own sacred things. After reading the cartoons posted at this site, all I’m left with is the whiff of sanctimoniousness of another tikoon olam sermon. The impression is simply sugar coated cynicism and the usual, complacent institutional hand-ringing…disappointment with those who have strayed from their Buber and Heschel. What a nice Jewish boy.

Comment by Reid Heller — May 30, 2010 @ 8:51 am

10. […] Yes, every day. Oh, you mean personally? Yes, that too. My recent “social entrepreneurs” comic mocked a certain fad in the Jewish communal world, and it came out just before a Jewish communal […]

Pingback by Flavorwire » Exclusive: Eli Valley on Satirizing Jewish World Taboos — August 4, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

11. […] Yes, every day. Oh, you mean personally? Yes, that too. My recent “social entrepreneurs” comic mocked a certain fad in the Jewish communal world, and it came out just before a Jewish communal […]

12. Any asteroid that hits the earth should hit SAN FRANCISCO